Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Christmas Markets Update


The last couple of weeks seem to have really flown and now it's the day after Peter's birthday and we're starting to gear up for Christmas.

I've done three out of my four local markets - the last one is in Glenbeigh this Sunday afternoon.

As usual the one at the Tech in Waterville was my best one of the whole year - indeed, it managed to beat my record for takings at a market! I sold 1 cowl, 1 card, 3 hats, 5 little wrist cuffs, 6 crocodile wristwarmers, 8 plain wrist warmers and 1 pair of my merino wrist warmers.

The Tech one always has the most magical atmosphere - with a proper Christmas tree and all the sellers are selling things that they've made themselves. 

Next up I went to the market in Cahirciveen. They weren't having one at the Old Oratory this year as it was too busy with pizza (I'm delighted that they are doing so well with the restaurant but it was a lovely location for a Christmas market too!) so I went to the Kerry Coast Inn. 


Several people had said that it was a very dimly lit venue but I found it fine and there was Christmassy music playing there too so it had a nice atmosphere.

I'm happy enough with how I did there, I was right opposite Anita, who sells handknitted hats and headbands, so it was a funny layout in some ways: but I still sold 1 card, 5 pairs of croc wristwarmers, 2 hats, 2 headbands, 1 pair of merino wristwarmers and 3 pairs of plain ones.

On Sunday I was at the community centre in Ballinskelligs - my first time going to the market there (it was their first time running one). It was all in aid of the local primary school.


I didn't do so well there - only selling 2 pairs of plain wrist warmers and 2 pairs of the plain ones. But again, the atmosphere was lovely (the school children were dancing, singing and playing music on the stage) AND I won a hamper in the raffle so it was all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment