Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Vintage Tiles


Last month I mentioned how an old family friend has been clearing out a house - well I'm finally getting around to taking photos of some of the other bits and pieces she gave us -- look at all these wonderful ceramic tiles!


A lot of them are chipped or cracked but I think they are still beautiful pieces of art.


 Yellow isn't even my favourite colour but I love these rose tiles - I'm guessing that originally they wouldn't have had the 'crackled' effect but it adds character.



I really love this dog-rose one but sadly there's just one of this type.




Peter's used the four of these sunflower tiles to make a 'lid' for the other glass battery jar so that I can use it as a make-shift coffee table. I have always loved sunflowers!






No comments:

Post a Comment