I've been true to my word and have been making more hats since I last wrote here - this red one is to replace the one I'd made in January for a lady in Northern Ireland; it'll probably be the last one I make in this colour as Wendy discontinued it ages ago. I did do a stock-up on the yarn when I found out, but now I only have the green shade left; it's a shame as it would be one of my favourites for making hats.
I've made two hats in the King Cole 'Moorland aran' (also see the photo) as I had two balls of that in my 'stock' - I've donated one of them as a raffle prize for a local fundraiser and the other one will go in my Etsy shop. I can't decide whether to put a flower on the side of it or not so I haven't taken any photos just yet.
I had started to make a puff stitch hat in the turquoise Studio Donegal tweed but I hit a bit of a problem with it....when I wrote the pattern I never wrote down exactly how I made the 'puff stitch' so I tried again this time, but I think I made 'popcorn stitch' this time instead of puff...it was coming up too bulky and heavy so I had to rip it all out :(
It's a lesson to myself though, to WRITE THINGS DOWN!!!
I've just looked back through my posts on here and this is when I started working on that pattern click here so maybe with these photos I might be able to work out just what I did..at least I know now that popcorn stitch isn't a good substitute.
It's really frustrating to have got about 1/3 of the way through the hat, not sure if it was going to work out or not, and then to have to rip it all the way back to the beginning again. Sigh.
I'm going to carry on making hats for a while, once I've worked through the ones in my basket I'll see what I want to move on to next!