Saturday, December 24, 2016

Crochet, Crochet, Crochet...

 Look at my lovely new hooks! Peter bought me these for my birthday this month, and I think I'm getting the rest of the 'set' for my Christmas present. I've had my eye on these wooden hooks for a while; I always thought they looked stylish but was happy enough with my aluminium set. Over time though, the colour coating on my metal hooks has worn away and every time I use them they turn the skin on my hands black!
I'm delighted with these wooden ones - I'm keeping my aluminium ones as back up, just in case something snaps or I misplace one of them (it's always handy to have a spare one)

They just look so beautiful and I love it when they match the wool that you are working with :) 


Since I last wrote on here I've had another wool order! - Rosie asked if I could make her a hat for a friend so I ordered some more King Cole riot chunky from PurpleLindaCrafts, as well as a few balls of the dk version of Riot to bring it up to free postage ;)

I forgot to take a photo of my order when it came but here are the hats that I've made with the wool...

I thought I'd take photos of the same hat on my two different models so that my Etsy customers can see how it would look on a blonde or brunette...

 (this was my first time using this shade, I think it was called 'walnut'. This one is for sale in my Etsy shop.


 Rosie bought this one!





 ..and this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment