Thursday, November 24, 2016

Yet More Wool

 We've just come back from a very quick visit over to England to see Peter's daughter and her boyfriend - staying for a few days in the Midlands - so of course I managed to fit in a trip to the local woolshop while we were there.

Over the last couple of years I've noticed that the woolshop is kind of moving in a different direction; maybe trying for a different market? But they don't have so many of the more expensive brands now and are selling a lot of the cheaper, acrylic yarns instead...so not really what I am looking for.

I still managed to buy all these (in the photo above) - including a pom-pom maker!

In a way it was a good thing that they weren't selling the yarns that I like to buy: otherwise I know I'd have ended up spending a LOT of money there...


A friend of my sister's has very kindly given me the wool in the two photos below! It was stuff she'd bought but won't be using for one reason or another so I was happy to take it off her hands (she didn't want any money for it so I will be making a donation to Action Aid shortly in thanks)
 It'll be my first time using either of these yarns - I don't think I've ever used ANY Red Heart brand yarns, but this one feels nice :) and the Tivoli 'Rocky' is a new one to me - it's lovely chunky yarn. I'm thinking about making scarves from both of them - there's tonnes of the Rocky one, she'd bought enough for a jumper for her husband!
 In the meantime I'm still making crocodile stitch wrist warmers!
 The three below are new shades of King Cole's ''Riot dk'' and I like them all - I love their choice in colours and this is probably the one yarn that I have used more than any other for these wrist warmers.



No comments:

Post a Comment