Tuesday, November 3, 2015

New Items

 Here are the hats that I made for the daughter and grand-daughter of my Mum's friend - I really hope they will like them! The yarn I used was King Cole 'fashion aran' (bought from Deramores) and it's one I think I'd use again for every-day items. it's a nice soft yarn, but isn't 100% acrylic (it's a 30/70 blend of wool and acrylic)

And this is the hat for Rosie ~~~ I think that the flower really 'finishes' it off nicely - I love these colours; I'm so glad that I bought four balls of the king cole dk in this shade -- I made the hat in the chunky version and then made the flower in doubled-up dk.

...and these are the wrist warmers for Jana - lovely Autumnal colours! The yarn was so fine to work with though - using a 3mm hook - they were a bit of a labour of love.
I'd ordered yet more yarn from Deramores just lately - the riot dk will go to making wrist warmers and head bands (I am really into making matching sets now!) and the baby alpaca will be wrist warmers. I've nearly finished the camel wrist warmers already - they are for Sandra on Valentia island :) Really I'd only gone online to order the camel baby alpaca yarn, but they do free delivery if you spend over €50 so I bought a few other bits and pieces too. There should have been another shade of the baby alpaca (plum) but it wasn't in stock, so it will be coming separately in due course. 

...and here's what I ordered from the mighty Springwools (my favourite place to buy yarns from) -- again, I'd only gone online with the intention of buying the King Cole 'shine' for the pair of wrist warmers (bottom left in the photo -- they are already en route to America!)
I've already made another pair of wrist warmers in the brown/cream King Cole 'shine', which are listed in my Etsy shop, and have also got a pair made in the silver/black shade.

I'm thinking about making a hat/headband in the blue/green country tweed and also maybe a scarf or cowl...not sure when I'll get around to it though!

I'm still trying to work up some more stock for my shop/winter markets...once I finish the camel alpaca wrist warmers I *think* I'm caught up on my custom orders for the moment -- though I still need to look through my boxes to see if I have something suitable for Mary Ruth's husband (wrist warmers in forest green/tweedy yarn)

No comments:

Post a Comment