Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Making Wrist Warmers in July


 Isn't this the most amazing yarn?! It's 100% merino wool, which I bought on holiday in Germany last winter - I bought a few balls of it in different colours -- this shade is called 'Fresh Fish' (not sure why??!)
 This is the same yarn in a different colour-way (I'm not sure of the shade name/number of this one)
 ..and then I've been using up the end of my last order of King Cole wool - country tweed and riot dk - I am running low on the wrist warmers (they usually sell quite well for me online and at markets too), so I've been concentrating on rebuilding my stock levels, in anticipation of winter!


 ..and I think this pair was Lang devore?? I need to go and check!
It seems strange to be concentrating on making wrist warmers through the summer but hopefully all of these will sell. I've actually just ordered some more King Cole (riot dk and country tweed again) from both Springwools and Deramores - to try and get some colours in my boxes, ready to make up for markets and for my shop for the winter.

The crocodile stitch wristers really are my favourite thing to make right now - I love making them in self-striping yarn best of all, and the amount of different shades and brands just is mind boggling! I'm in the middle of making yet another pair of them, also in the merino wool I'd bought in Germany - it's just gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment