Tuesday, July 7, 2015

First Market of the Year.

Last Wednesday was my first market of the whole year - it's the weekly one in Portmagee; my work always gets in the way of me being able to attend it every week, but I was able to go last week, and will be going again tomorrow.

I am always nervous about craft fairs, people can make stupid comments like 'oh I could knit this myself' (it isn't even knitting, it's CROCHET!) and I still have very vivid memories of the market in Dromid where I didn't sell a single thing at all....it really can be a feast or famine situation.

I'm delighted to be able to say that this one was a huge success for me last week - it far exceeded my previous sales there. I had been doing pretty ok sales-wise and then Barbara the artist came over with her group of artists who were over from America for their week-long course on the island. They bought so much! Even better, they all said how much they liked their hats!

I kind of lost track over how much had sold and exactly how much money I took but I am so happy - I was able to put some more money into my selkie-savings-account. I'm not sure what I'm saving up for but after my pre-Christmas markets last year I thought it would be sensible to put some of the money into a post office savings account, so the success of this market meant that I could add a wee bit more to it.

I'm not expecting to do anywhere near so well there tomorrow and I'm not sure if Peter will be able to go to the market for me the weeks after that but at least I had a good start to the season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment