Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Update...

I've been so caught up on just updating with the 'photo a day' posts so I'm a bit behind in other stuff on here...

It's been quite a strange month for me -- normally I'm back at work on the car ferry by now (we were due to start just before Easter this year, on the 4th April) but they have had technical problems so here it is, the 29th of the month, and I'm still unemployed. Hopefully that will soon be put right - we should be back in the water very soon and will hopefully have a good season ahead of us.

The weather has been absolutely glorious for most of the month so I've made full use of the good days and have been beach combing (beaches 1 and 2 are now all clean AGAIN!), crochet, taking photos (I now have a new 'new camera') and getting lots of walking done when I have the time, energy and inclination!

My favourite of all the local walks I've done was going from Baslickane (just outside the village) to Caherdaniel - it's part of the Kerry Way and is such a great walk - quite easy (even for someone like me!) with just a couple of hills to climb.
 You walk along part of the old road, so there are ruined houses, like this one.










I really want to do this walk again before I go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment