Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter from Selkie

 Here are a few photos from my Easter weekend :) The weather has just been glorious so I've been spending most of my time out in the garden.

I decided it finally was time for me to tackle our compost heaps - we have two, one made out of old pallets and the other is just a 'free-form' heap made out of all the grass cuttings and hedge clippings over the last 12 months.

 Look what I found growing in the pallet compost heap! I'm going to keep the baby potatoes for cooking but the mushroom has been 'recycled' back into the heap.
 I was so thrilled to find this hellebore which had self-seeded itself in one of my fruit beds!

 Talking about fruit beds - here are lovely new flower buds coming on my raspberry canes :)
 ...and then after all that gardening and hard work I just had to relax on my swing-seat for an hour or so, along with some reading material, crochet and treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment