Monday, December 15, 2014

Another Update...

Oh good grief, so much has happened since I last posted on here less than two weeks ago.

First, and most sadly of all, our lovely Friday was killed on the road just outside our house on the day before my birthday. Peter and I had come out of our drive to get in our car and she was lying there in the middle of the road - it is an image that I just can't get out of my head no matter how hard I try.

She came into our lives in September this year http://selkiecrochet.blogspot.ie/2014/09/wrist-warmers-and-new-arrival.html and even though she hadn't been with us for three full months she made SUCH a huge impression in our lives - she was such a sparky little thing, always zooming around the house and living life at full pelt. We are both devastated and I feel responsible as I was the one who had let her out that morning. She was just so full of life, so bright and full of energy and love...such a cuddly little thing and always up to no good.
This is the very last photo I took of her (on the 28th November) and it just sums her up perfectly - that innocent ''who, me?!'' look with the little ball of wool all unwound and tangled at her feet.

She was the naughtiest, cutest, most adorable little ball of pure energy and love of life; I'm trying so hard to remember her this way instead of how she was the last time I saw her.

No comments:

Post a Comment