Sunday, October 5, 2014

October

Well Autumn is here with a bang - I'm finished on the ferry and it's a really wintery rainy day today; I'm so grateful that I'm not working outdoors any longer!

This was the last photo I took on the ferry - really it's a shame it was such a grey end to the season when we've been so fortunate with the weather this season, but it could have been a whole lot worse so I'm not really complaining.

It feels kind of bizarre to be finished up for another winter - this was actually my ninth season there; it doesn't feel quite 'real' yet but I'm sure it will after a few days; I think it's always the same.

So now I'm technically unemployed I can focus on my lovely Etsy shop! I went to a craft fair yesterday :) It was the one in Portmagee as part of the Sea Shanty Festival that they hold every year. I'd always missed out on it thanks to my job on the ferry, but this year I finished work on the Friday evening so I was able to attend.

I'm so glad that I was able to go and take part -- there weren't a whole lot of other sellers compared to the markets in the Summer months and there wasn't really a HUGE crowd of people walking around but all the same I am very happy with the sales I made :)
Shannon (one of the other sellers) took this photo of me --I love all the colours on my table (and check out my great card display in the background!) I sold one headband, three pairs of wrist warmers, four hats and 13 of the greetings cards!

When I got back home I had to go through my 'shop' and reactivate the listings for the items that hadn't sold at the craft fair but shortly afterwards I noticed that several of my Etsy listings had disappeared...it turns out that someone bought SEVEN pairs of my wrist warmers as I was reactivating the listings! I'm thinking it must be someone who is doing their Christmas shopping early but isn't that wonderful??

I'm now up to a grand total of 631 sales in my Etsy shop - I guess 700 sales is my next 'goal' -- it would be nice if I made that before Christmas or the end of the year but I can't honestly see it happening as things can be a bit 'slow' in my Etsy shop and things tend to happen there in their own time ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment