Saturday, May 3, 2014

Natural Rose ;)

Well it's only the 3rd of May and I'm already managing to update my little blog for the month - I'm really trying to get in the habit of updating little and often :)

I thought it's been a while since I posted a photo of myself - I absolutely loathe having my photograph taken but I wanted to record the fact that my hair is now all natural in colour! About a year and a half ago I decided to stop dying my hair and let it grow in naturally - so this is 'me'. I do have mixed feelings about it as it is greying (especially in my fringe) but it's part of me and I won't be going back to putting nasty chemicals on my scalp again :)

My hair isn't naturally this straight - this is just after having it cut in the hair salon and was the cut  got rid of all the residual dye on the ends.

In Etsy related news I've decided to switch on 'direct checkout' in my shop - which means that I can now accept any credit card, debit card etc as well as Etsy gift cards. I do still take PayPal as well but I've been wondering if by not having direct checkout I've been hampering the progress of my shop...it's got to be worth a try and if it's a total flop then I can always revert back to just PayPal again. I've only had it for a few days but was very optimistic about getting more sales --- and of course since I turned it on I haven't had a single solitary sale at all! It's early days though, and I guess this time of year can be a pretty quiet year in my shop so I'm not stressing about it.

I haven't added any new listings since I last posted on here as I've been busy making my wool hats for Barbara the artist and her art class - I must take a photo of them for my next blog update; I've actually lost count as to what number hat I'm making right now, I think it's number six or seven (the order is for ten hats) - if there's enough of the wool left over I might make one for myself even though I'm not really a 'hat' person.

And now for the 'life and other stuff' news....

Poor old Henry still has a bad paw; it was healing up really well and he was able to put his weight back on it yet again but then it started to bleed again - it feels like it'll never be gone at this stage! So we're back to taking him back to the beach so that we can let the healing salt water do its magic. I really love this photo of my husband with Henry.


here are a few of my most recent beach combing finds, including this amazing piece of carved wood - I would love to know where it came from and how it ended up on the beach here.

 And these glasses made me smile - I will be posting them off (with lots of other bits and pieces) for the artist Jo Atherton to make into ''Flotsam Weaving'' flotsamweaving

 Look who was watching me while I was beach combing the other day!
 I thought it was an otter at first - and then realised that there were two of them ...before finally realising that they were a pair of seal pups! Isn't it just wonderful? It was the most amazing thing to see - and they were SO curious that they followed me - swimming and frolicking in the tide while I walked along the shore. I spent at least half an hour watching them before they decided to swim away - it was just magical and one of those very special memories.

1 comment:

  1. ah those seal pups are so cute...I'm getting even more jealous of the environment you live in, though I'm not quite ready to let go of the city either...and those glasses are hilarious. Mad, the things that wash up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete