Saturday, January 7, 2012

another cat-related post!

I'm not a religious person, or especially spiritual but I do think that things happen for a reason, at least some of the time, even if you never know why it happens to you.

At the moment it feels like we've had a beautiful gift harshly snatched away too soon (Mr. Evie and his too short length of time with us) but then today Peter phoned me from work to say that someone had come in to his work and told him how they were desperately looking for a home for a little kitten...so it's like being given another chance perhaps to make a difference for a stray kittie.

We'll be getting him later this evening - I'm so excited, all I know so far is that he's ginger and is about 8 weeks old. He was found, trying to keep warm under the bonnet of a car. They took him to the vet and he got a clear bill of health so we will be able to bring him in to the house and not have to overly worry about him giving our Boris an infection. (Boris is FIV positive and has a very poor immune system because of that)

I don't think I'll quite believe it til he's actually here...

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I have to kitties. Once I rescued from my college anatomy class and a new little guy I got as an early graduation gift. I consider them my children so I know how you feel. Glad to hear you're getting another though! Hope to see pics soon :)
    ~B
    http://bclskeystrokes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much Beatrice (what a lovely name!) -our pets are our family too!

      Delete