Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I'm so happy today - while I was sleeping I had three sales on Etsy, which brings my 'total sales' over there to seventy! Yippee! I would have never thought that would be possible when I set up my shop last year - I really am delighted and touched that it's been such a success.

I sold two of the balls of Rowan kidsilk yarn to someone in Queensland, Australia - so that's a total of three stickers in Australia on my map! and the other sale is the cotton beach bag with the blue hearts on it - going to a lady in America.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the lady about the bag - she's bought it but asked if I could put a zipper on it --- so I've replied to say I could put a wooden button and loop on and would she like me to do this (I sent a photo of Rosie's bag, with the same on it) - I need to hear back from her first before I can post it out.

I'm really happy with how Rosie's custom made bag turned out - it is basically one of the natural cotton beach bags, but it has hearts and flowers all over it in different colours of cotton. It looks really summery :)

I have enough of that cotton left for two more beach bags, I just started on one yesterday though now I'm back at work I don't have so much time for crocheting! - I think I might put the button fastener on the other ones as standard. I have so many nice buttons in my sewing box.

I've ordered a big cone of natural cotton from Springwools yesterday - it's 1kg in weight! I'm not sure if I'll make bags from it or if it's soft enough I thought I might make a couple of these shawls from it...I think it would look very nice in a natural colour!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to wake up to 3 sales! Congrats, but I'm not surprised, you do lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete