Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yarn Bowl




Yay! We've just been to collect this from our local potters - it is just perfect!

I'd originally started looking on Etsy for one but they were pretty pricey and then there was the postage charge on top which was obviously going to be on the steep side...then someone suggested trying a local potter so we went round there: armed with photos of the type of thing I was looking for.

They'd never heard/seen of one before but he said that he'd give it a go as a trial and would get back to me with the results.



I am so delighted with it - it's the perfect size and is a beautiful shade of blue (I love blues and purples, so it's just a lovely colour for me - really soothing...which for me is what crochet is all about: relaxation and 'me time'.

He'd made a few of them to see if they would be able to sell them in the shop - I hope so -- it was only €20, which is a bargain for something that was custom made for me :)



Doesn't it just 'go' brilliantly with the ocean blue wristers I'm working on?!!!

Oh and yes I did order some more wool, even though I know I don't really need it (blush)-- six balls of the Tivoli 'Ocean Aran' yarn -- 2 of the gorgeous blue one (my favourite) and 2 balls each of two other shades, sort of jewel and peacock colours......thought they'd make some nice wristers - I could sit and make wrist warmers all day long :)

2 comments:

  1. So super duper pleased at how that turned out - Gorgeous and you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I want one too!!! Started crocheting again, hope I get as good as you are!

    ReplyDelete